CALL NOW: 844-352-8529

Change or Transfer Property Deed

Prepare your deed free of worry.

Change your deed without hassle or stress. Let us help you transfer title or update your deed.

When do you need an attorney to change your deed?

Transfer real estate to a person or business

Add or remove a name to update ownership

Fund your living trust and protect your assets

Our flat fee legal services to transfer or change your deed include at least the following steps:

We typically charge $750 + recording fees for a transfer or deed change.

Law Office Locations


42 West Street

Brooklyn, NY 11222*

384 South 2nd Street

Brooklyn, NY 11211•

155 Water Street

Brooklyn, NY 11201*

240 Kent Avenue

Brooklyn, NY 11249*

147 Prince Street

Brooklyn, NY 10012*


29-28th 41st Avenue

Queens, NY 11101*

43-22 36th Street

Queens, NY 11101*

34-18 Northern Boulevard

Queens, NY 11101*

Long Island

Coming Soon


Coming Soon

Northeast PA, Upstate NY and South NJ also coming soon!

• Principal place of business

* By appointment for clients only

A flat fee lawyer is only a phone call, text or click away.

We also offer legal consultations by email, phone/video or in-person.

Schedule an appointment today and speak to a real estate attorney at your convenience.

Toll Free # 1-844-FLAT-LAW

Call Now: 1-844-352-8529

Common Questions

Q: Can I use your legal services for any property transfer?

A: Yes, you can use our property deed transfer services for any residential property transfer within New York or New Jersey with a few exceptions. Our services include property transfers for an exchange of money and those without, or real property transfers part of a business sale or trust formation.

If you are unsure whether your property qualifies or are having trouble identifying the property, contact us to see how we can help. Depending on your situation, this service may be bundled with other legal services we offer.

Q: Does a deed transfer satisfy issues with title or any associated encumbrances?

A: No. Unless you take actual steps to satisfy or release encumbrances that cloud your title you will not have marketable title even with a valid deed transfer.

Remember, most issues with title carry over regardless the person or entity that owns it. It is important to remove title issues prior to a property transfer or else be prepared to inherit these problems as your own. If you need to resolve issues with your deed prior to transfer our lawyers may be able to help.

Q: Will you provide advice on which deed to use in my property transfer?

A: Yes, our lawyers will identify which deed to use for your property transfer from the information you provide in our intake questionnaire. Should any information you provide need clarification we will follow up with additional questions.

We then advise you on the type of property deed that works best for your legal situation. It is ultimately your choice to follow our recommendation, or you can simply instruct us on the type of deed you want. Finally, we file your deed paperwork with the appropriate recording office on your behalf.

Helpful Resources

A change to your property deed is required when you want to change ownership interests or transfer ownership in your property. Ownership interests change when you want to add or remove a name from your deed, transfer property from the current owner to a new owner, transfer property to or from a business entity, or place property in a living trust or other asset protection vehicle. There are three main types of property deeds typically used: quitclaim deeds, warranty deeds, and bargain and sales deeds. Once filed, all deeds put the public on notice of your ownership interests in the property. The dfference between the deeds is the type of guarantees the grantor (original owner) provides the grantee (new owner) on issues such as: encumbrances, marketable title, title free of defects, or even just disclaiming ownership interest in a property without defining those interests. A warranty deed provides the strongest protection to the grantee. A bargain and sale deed is usually coupled with a title insurance policy. A quitclaim deed is often used in a divorce or estate administration. There are other types of deeds used for special circumstances such as a tax deed or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. After we prepare the correct property deed documents based on the answers you provide us, we file the deed in the proper county recording office. Our flat fee real estate lawyers will prepare your deed and submit the documents to the proper New York or New Jersey county recording office on your behalf.